Monday 27 July 2020

Villages nearly ready....

Just got the thatched roofs to paint a pale grey brown. They are of acrylic resin filler smeared over cardboard. 
The roads MIGHT get a light brown wash, although my roads are a creamy coloured felt. Then a varnish. 

The campaign itself has got underway with the Royalist force having crossed the great River Trout and headed towards their objective of Dolling ham
. As it happened, the Parliamentarian forces had been tasked with a 'spoiling ' attack and were headed North toward the same crossing of the Trout.  The 2 sides, both having been appraised and shocked by the approach of the other are about to join battle North of Dollingham, near the villages of North and South Clipton......

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the first battle John!
    I like your villages - what size is the "footprint" (a term I learned from being forced to watch awful programmes on TV) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10cmx10cm for the villages so really 2 squares by 2 squares on the playing area. Thatch painting is currently drying so I am working out the permutations that would be possible if I had the resources to field up to 8 Inf and 8 cav regiments. At the moment I only have 4 of each I have gone for 8 element regiments of foot, each 4 of pike and 4 of musket 3 figs per base so each regiment just fits into the 50mm square.

      Delete